Saturday 16 February 2013

HELP! I'm New to the World of Blogging

Well, I've done it. I've created my very first blog. I've never really gotten into blogs. I'm really guilty of never even reading or paying attention to them. My best friend lives in England, and keeps a travel blog, and I don't even read that. It makes me feel like a terrible person. I am going to learn to blog, and I hope that I can gain an appreciation for blogs!

I've created this blog as part of an assignment for a course I am taking called "PIDP 3240 Media Enhanced Learning" with the school of Instructor education with Vancouver Community College. This is the fifth course I have taken in the program, and this class been the most challenging so far, and we're only 2 weeks in.

I have decided that the purpose of this blog is going to be to post resources that reflect different tools that can be used to teach adults in the real world, in an easy to follow interesting, and attention grabbing way.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, got your blog address from your tweet, yay! so now I can add you to the cyber Community. Lemme guess, your favorite color is yellow/orange (twitter/blog background)? I enjoyed reading your post. I am in the same boat as you in that I am not really teaching except as a casual clinical instructor. I have learned a great deal even from the little exposure to being an educator so far and you are right, we learn a lot about ourselves and how we learn. I have had to re-evaluate my thinking and decisions constantly lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering about how you created your Blog List on the side of the posts, I am trying to do something similar, but can't figure it out. Also, you can delete my old tumblr acct as it is not active (primadoral.tumblr.com). Maybe I can video chat with you on Oovoo or Skype?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David from 3240
    I finally found where to add a comment. Like Loni, I too would like to know how you created your blog list on the side. My favorite part of your blog is the "Keen Observations" part. I find this the most introspective part and actually gives more insight into the person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Blog list is a gadget in the "add gadget" function on the layout tab in Blogspot.

    ReplyDelete